Please read these terms and conditions of use ("Terms") carefully before using this website.
These Terms govern your access to and use of https://pisto.no including any content, functionality and services offered on or through https://pisto.no.
By using this Site, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not want to agree to these Terms, you must not access or use the Site.
Pisto may modify these Terms and the content on this Site at any time without notice. All changes are effective upon posting and apply to all access to and use of the Site thereafter. You are expected to check the Site periodically, so you are aware of changes and current Terms.
Access and use restrictions:
Pisto grants you to access and use the Site for your personal use, provided you do not:
- Copy, modify, distribute, download, display, transfer, post or transmit the Site or its contents in any way for any public or commercial purpose.
- Use this Site to engage in any action that could disable, overburden, damage, impair or interfere with the functioning of the Site or any other party’s use of the Site.
- Use any robot, spider, automatic device, manual or automated process or other means to access the Site, the server or servers on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site for any unauthorised purpose, such as the monitoring, collection or copying of material on the Site, including but not limited to product listings and descriptions.
- Use this Site to post or transmit any information that infringes intellectual property rights, or any unlawful information of any kind, including, but not limited to, any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, national or international law.
Pisto reserves the right to terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Site immediately and at any time for any or no reason, including any violation of these Terms.
Intellectual property rights and permission to use materials:
The materials contained on this Site are protected by copyright, and any unauthorised use of any of these materials may violate copyright, design, trademark and other laws. No right, title or interest in or to the Site, any content on the Site, or any services or processes or technology described on this Site are transferred to you, and their respective owners reserve all rights if not expressly granted. You must retain all copyright, design, trademark and other proprietary notices contained in any materials on any copy of materials from this Site. The burden of determining whether use of any information or content on the Site is permissible rests with the user of the site.
Links to third-party sites:
This Site may contain links to third-party sites, which are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Access to any third party websites linked to this Site is at your sole risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Pisto makes reasonable effort to present content on its Sites accurately, but does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of all posted information. Pisto cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet or the Site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular safety requirements.
Limitation of liability:
In no event will pisto be liable for any damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use, inability to use, or the results of the use of, this site or any website linked to this site, or the content contained on this site or any other such site, including direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages, such as damages for loss of profits, use, data, business or revenue, even if foreseeable or if pisto or its authorised representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Law and jurisdiction:
All matters relating to the Site and these Terms and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Norwegian laws. However, Pisto retains the right to bring any suit, action or proceeding against you for breach of these Terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by courts and to venue in, such courts.
The Site may contain errors and omissions relating to product description and availability. We reserve the right to correct errors or omissions without prior notice.
If you have any questions about the Site, please contact us:
You can send us an email:
or write to:
Pisto v / Tiina Suhonen & Sean Morrissey
Pisto Privacy Notice
At Pisto, we are committed to protecting the personal information of our customers and we handle all personal information in a secure manner. We do not sell personal information to any third parties.
This privacy notice applies to information PISTO collects about:
- Visitors to our website
At PISTO, we may process personal information to provide you with products and services. This information includes:
- personal details - such as name, title, address, email addresses, telephone numbers, date of birth and gender
- equality information - disability (if any), ethnic group, religious belief and gender identity
- payment details such as bank account number and sort code so we can receive payments from you or provide payments to you and record details of the financial transactions with you;
- records of your interaction with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us;
- records of your attendance at any events or studio visits hosted by us
- marketing communication preferences - so that we know whether and how we should contact you
Why we need your personal information - contractual purposes
We need to process our customer’s personal information so that we can provide products and services. We will use your personal information to:
- Provide you with products and services including but not limited to puppets, figures, characters and props
- Send you important communication by post or email in relation to your products and services including but not limited to update emails or phone calls relating to your specific order
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the products and services you require.
Why we need your personal information - legitimate interests
We also process our customer’s personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- deliver text, film and photography for our website and social media channels. Our products, services and events may be filmed for videos to be used later or live streaming purposes and your personal information may also be used in images captured for promotional, education and development purposes upon agreement;
- invite you to studio visits or events, for example exhibitions
- respond to and communicate with you regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to Pisto.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us by using the contact details further down in this document. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a customer.
Why we need your personal information - consent
We use consent as the legal basis to:
- send out marketing communications to promote and encourage use of Pisto products and services
Who we share your personal information with
If personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us or provided by our customers for the purposes of creating products, we may use these for promotional and/or journalistic purposes upon consent. Alternatively, images or videos may not be used or can be destroyed once the final product is delivered upon agreement.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include Norwegian Police and law enforcement agencies for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
Your data may be shared with data processors to help with communication delivery and storage of files. For example, we may use companies who provide cloud-based file storage and sharing like Dropbox and SharePoint.
We will pass some personal data on to our payment providers in order to process payments. This generally includes payment details along with name, address and contact details.
If we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with products or services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where your order has been delivered.
We will keep certain personal information for longer in order to confirm your identity and the products or services you have ordered from us.
Transferral of personal data outside the European Union
Your personal data may be transferred outside of the EU when we are using third party services such as Dropbox. Whenever your data is transferred outside the EU, we will make sure the organisation receiving the personal data has provided adequate safeguards. For example, Dropbox participate in and has certified their compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield Framework.
Visitors to our website
We may use a third party service, such as Google Analytics, to collect information to help us better understand how people use our website: for example which areas are being used more frequently than others and whether more people view the website on a mobile device rather than a desktop. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Our legal basis for processing this information is legitimate interests.
The retention period for user-level data stored by Google Analytics is set at 26 months and the retention period is not reset on each new activity from a visitor.
At the moment our website is not using cookies.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you. You can read more about these rights at https://www.datatilsynet.no/en/
Your rights include:
- your right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a subject access request;
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- your right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Access to personal information
Pisto endeavours to be as open as possible in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’. If we do hold information about you, we can:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information
To make a request to Pisto for any personal information we may hold, please contact us by using the contact details provided below.
If we do hold information about you, you can also ask us to correct any mistakes by contacting us.
Complaints or queries
Pisto endeavours to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any queries we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures. Please contact us using the contact details provided further down this page.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 25 August 2019.
How to contact us
or write to:
Pisto v / Tiina Suhonen & Sean Morrissey